Big Rock Partners is a San Francisco-based strategic advisory firm working with companies and investors at the intersection of food, hospitality, wellness, and cannabis communities. We support businesses, non-profits, and individuals who are driving positive change in our industries. Our team is seeking a motivated self-starter with a keen sense of organization and balance to serve as the lead administrative glue in coalescing internal work-flows.
Support for Executive Staff (35%)
- Data entry: compiling and maintaining network contacts submission into database and organizing correspondence
- Meeting coordination and scheduling for key team members
- Maintains team efficiencies, procedures, and software implementations (such as G-suite, Capsule CRM, Slack, Asana, Microsoft Office, DocuSign, CannaRegs, etc.)
- Organizing monthly reporting models provided across internal departments and varied project managers to provide transparency in tracking progress and KPIs
- Compiling notes in all-hands and varied team meetings and tracking deliverables through project completion. Setting deadlines and aligned project launch schedules within Asana.
- Creates and maintains office operations and procedures.
Bookkeeping & Accounts Payable support (25%)
- Report reconciliation, Post journal entries and accruals.
- Process banking reconciliations and ensure systems coordination
- Assist with forecast/budget preparation and analysis.
- Assist in the maintenance of accounts software including Quickbooks, and Bill.com; upload invoices on Bill.com for payments and maintain digital copies of all invoices.
Cannabis Industry Analyst (25%)
- Creates competitive analysis data lists and models for defined market verticals and products
- Creates compliance reports for at large cannabis regulatory updates across the country and globe, but a heightened view of California
Sales & Marketing Support: (15%)
- Supporting marketing team in implementation of key deliverables and program launches, including maintenance and tracking of marketing calendar, and deployment of newsletters, blogs, social media posts, etc.
- Assists in coordination for Big Rock Partners driven events which generally occur monthly and includes onsite and offsite activations
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- At least 2 years of professional experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Meticulous, consistent attention to detail in all aspects of work
- Strong analytical/critical thinking
- Well-versed in information technology, adaptable to new software and procedures
- Some knowledge of California cannabis regulations
- Must have a California Driver’s license and be able to lift 30 lbs.
This position is located in San Francisco and respondents must already live in the SF Bay Area. The position will start as a contractor role with the potential to transition to a full time role.
Big Rock Partners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.